Our next Open Programme will be fully funded for eligible participants, as part of a grant scheme funded by the European Development Fund. This is provided and managed by Dorset Growth Hub. You will need to be able to attend all 3 sessions of the Programme.
Programme 1 Dates: 7th May, 21st May and 4th June 2019
Programme 2 Dates: 11th June, 25th June, 9th July 2019
Contact us to reserve your space EMAIL
Take a look at our video above, we hope you will come and join in with this excellent funded opportunity.
Aspirin Business are delighted to deliver ‘High-Performing Leaders & Managers’, a programme specifically developed by Aspirin Business. Download our brochure to find out more.
The course details:
- You will receive a short induction via a one-to-one telephone call with Aspirin Business to understand your training needs
- You will be expected to commit to three group workshops, of 4 hours duration each, i.e. a total of 12 hours.
- The course also includes an e-learning programme to accelerate and embed learning. Participants will need to complete some modules before the first workshop.
- Each delegate will design and manage a 30-day work-based project to focus and practice their skills.
- Workshop One dates: 7th May, 21st May and 4th June
- Workshop Two dates: 11th June, 25th June and 9th July
- A clear understanding of Leadership and Management
- Skill building – knowing and practising how to be a more effective leader and manager.
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Interactive, enjoyable and confidence building sessions – which also contain enough variety and knowledge so there’s something for everyone.
- Networking skills and relationship building between the attendees.
- Practice at speaking and presenting in front of groups.
Session 1: Goal Setting and Project Management of 30 Day Projects
- Taking ownership and being proactive
- Time Management
- Designing and Managing Business Improvement Projects a. SMART goal-setting, including the John Lewis Steering Wheel, KPIs and OKRs b. Project planning tools and skills: – Plan Do Check Act (used in ISO Standards) – GROW – Forcefield – Mind-mapping – Pareto – FMEA – One Page Project Plans using Now-Where-How and 30 Day Roadmaps – Gantt
- SMEAC – a model used by the Royal Airforce to plan mission
Session 2: Personal Effectiveness
- Updates on 30 Day Project Progress
- Be Proactive/ Locus of Control
- Stress Management
- The differences between leadership and management
- Raising the bar – Identifying ideal behaviours
- People Management, including: a. Coaching Matrix b. Delegation c. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Session 3: Getting the best from your Team
- 5-minute Presentations on 30 Day Project Outcomes
- Raising the bar – evaluating our own leadership & management behaviours
- Situational Leadership
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Managing Disengaged and Demotivated People
- How to increase Employee Engagement to increase productivity and staff retention a. Including: Listening Skills
- How to increase Motivation to help people perform at their best a. Including: introduction to emotional intelligence and recognition
This course utilises blended learning to enhance and embed learning and increase knowledge retention.
This programme can be delivered In-House and tailored to suit your needs, or as an Open Programme. Download our brochure to find out more.
* This workshop is completely free and funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It’s delivered by Dorset Growth Hub and WSX Enterprise. It is only open to Dorset, UK registered SME’s and aspiring entrepreneurs within home addresses in Dorset, UK postcodes.
Only one place allowed per business. Please contact the Growth Hub if you wish to reserve a space for another organisation or person.
Please also note that some sectors are not eligible for support on this programme due to Central Government Legislation. These sectors include: *Fishery & Aquaculture, *Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, *Coal, Steel and shipbuilding sectors,*Synthetic Fibres, *Generalised School Age Education, *Banking and Insurance Companies. (*please follow the link for full eligibility guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/15275/National_Eligiblity_Rules_V2.pdf)
Some Retail activities are also subject to ineligibility. Due to any ineligibility, we can only accept those who are eligible into our range of courses and workshops. If you require more information or are unsure if you are eligible for the support we offer, you can call us on 01202 607533 and a member of the Dorset Growth hub team will be happy to help
If your business falls under any of the categories below, you will be unable to receive a funded place on this training programme. You will still have the opportunity to attend at a fee of £250+VAT